|Job Title: ||Environmental Remediation Project Engineer|
|Job ID: ||RV-3812|
|Location: ||Torrance, CA|
|Industry: ||Engineering - Environmental|
|Job Type: ||Fulltime|
- Provide technical support for feasibility study preparation, screening and evaluation of remediation technologies, and field or bench-scale pilot testing.
- Provide environmental engineering services including design, permitting, construction, and operation and maintenance of environmental remediation systems.
- Prepare engineering specifications and procure remediation equipment and controls. Candidate will oversee subcontractors and other field personnel in performing site remediation activities.
- Promote a safety culture, conduct tailgate safety meetings, and be a field safety leader.
- Ensure regulatory compliance including air emissions, wastewater discharge, stormwater management, and hazardous materials management.
- Optimize remediation system operations, oversee progress and verification sampling, and supervise system abandonment.
- Prepare written reports, participate in meetings with clients and regulatory agencies, and work with a team of multidisciplinary professionals in promoting the Environmental Division
- BS / MS in Civil, Environmental, Chemical, Mechanical or comparable engineering degree from ABET accredited university
- Project level position with approximately 5 to 10 years of environmental engineering experience
- Must have experience with environmental remediation technology screening, feasibility studies, and/or bench/field pilot testing
- Must have experience with environmental remediation system design, construction, operation and maintenance, verification testing, and/or system abandonment
- Must have experience collecting air, soil, and/or groundwater samples
- Must have completed 40-hour HAZWOPER and 8-hour refresher training
- Willing to work in both field and office
- Strong analytical, organization and communication skills
- Strong technical writing skills are a must
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team
- Self-starter and motivated to do high quality work
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Willing to travel locally and out of the area as necessary
- Valid driver's license and an insurable driving record
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
Is this you?
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
- Depth and breadth of experience in own discipline
- Excellent organizational skills & ability to communicate (verbal and written) effectively at all levels
- Strong sense of responsibility & ownership with excellent attention to detail
- Solution driven and ability to anticipate customer needs
- Takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions
|Contact: ||Cynthia Keck, Principal Resource Group|
313 Railroad Avenue
Tel: (530) 478-6478
Fax: (530) 478-6477
|Date Posted: ||1/2/2018|
|Return to the Job List|