|Job Title: ||Geotechnical Project Engineer|
|Job ID: ||CK3876|
|Location: ||Denver, CO|
|Job Type: ||full-time|
This is a great growth opportunity for a mid-level Geotechnical Engineer to be part of a dynamic geotechnical engineering team, working on unique and challenging projects. This highly regarded consulting firm has offices worldwide, and offers a great company culture, work/life balance, and potential to grow into a shareholder position.
There is opportunity for travel to projects in nearly all continents!
Work with high-level engineers to direct and review the integration of technical activities and products related to geotechnical work including planning and participating in geotechnical site investigation/laboratory testing programs and results interpretation, geotechnical analysis, detail design, technical support during construction, reporting, and communications. Projects may include water dams, tailing dams, heap leach pads, mine waste rock dumps, heavily-loaded structural foundations, and other earthworks, mining, and hydro-electric facilities.
- Direct field work programs associated with geotechnical site investigations
- Interpret in-situ data from geotechnical site investigations and analyze data from laboratory testing to determine type, classification and geotechnical engineering characteristics of soils
- Utilize the above information or information provided by others, perform geotechnical analysis and designs of, or make recommendations for, project components including excavations, dams, foundations, fluid or mine waste impoundments, spillways, pipeline or penstock anchorages
- Develop or lead the development of clear and concise letters or reports to present the complete work to clients or others
- Provide technical review of study reports, drawings and technical specifications
- Review project information including source criteria, scope of work, procedures and requirements, diagrams and drawings, specifications and other client-produced documents, to determine the approach and work to be undertaken, budgeted, scheduled and implemented. This requires working with a single engineering or scientific discipline or multiple disciplines.
- Mentor and develop less experienced staff in completing work tasks that meet both client and internal quality/efficiency expectations. Lead and demonstrate through responsible project management leadership. Emphasize teamwork and look for continuous improvement in all individual task and project work.
- Become the client liaison in all matters related to the project or the undertaking. Develop working relationships with the client representatives and staff.
- Investigate, assess and assist in securing assignments in the mining, water resources and hydropower sectors. Provide knowledgeable contributions to the company’s overall marketing strategy
- Intimately understand and be able to work effectively in the field of geotechnical engineering
- Proficiency in MS Office and slope stability programs (e.g., GeoStudio and/or RocScience) required. Familiarity with gINT, FLAC or PLAXIS and other latest geotechnical design software preferred. Knowledge of Civil 3D is an asset.
- Minimum of a Master's degree (M.Sc.) in civil engineering with a specialization in geotechnical engineering; 6-10 years of experience, and registered as a Professional Engineer (P.E.).
|Contact: ||Cynthia Keck, Principal Resource Group|
313 Railroad Avenue
Tel: (530) 470-2986
|Date Posted: ||3/13/2018|
|Return to the Job List|