|Job Title: ||HSR Quality Engineer|
|Job ID: ||CK3873|
|Location: ||Sacramento, CA|
|Industry: ||Engineering Quality Management|
|Job Type: ||full-time|
Principal Resource Group is excited to be recruiting for an exciting opportunity to work as a Quality Engineer for the California High-Speed Rail (HSR) project. Our client is recognized in the engineering industry for providing innovative, realistic, and practical solutions, and has helped owners deliver some of the world’s largest and most challenging infrastructure projects. Their team of approachable experts and meticulous technicians work diligently to advance projects without compromising quality.
This firm has offices across the U.S., and are continuing to expand their services and expertise worldwide.
The California HSR Authority (Authority) has developed a long-term implementation program to deliver the 800-mile California High-Speed Rail Program (Program) connecting Southern and Northern California. This multi-billion-dollar project includes final design and construction of the rail and civil infrastructure to support a 220-mph high-speed rail service. Our client is providing Quality Management and Safety Management services for the Rail Deliver Partnership (RDP).
- Assist the RDP Program Quality Manager, Quality Systems Manager and the Quality Management Team (QMT) in developing, implementing, and monitoring the Authority’s Quality Management System (QMS).
- Develop and monitor performance metrics for key organizational processes and create measurement displays, diagrams, and dashboards in SharePoint.
- Coordinate, prepare and conduct QMS assessments of various Program entities for compliance with contract requirements and provide documented feedback to those assessed.
- Assist in the development of compliance processes, quality procedures and quality control methodologies.
- Prepare quality documentation, detailed reports, and presentation materials.
- Develop and review documents to ensure consistency and compliance with contracts, agreements, and management policies.
- Assist in documentation and implementation of roles & responsibilities and processes & procedures.
- Identify deviations and non-conformances from established standards and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and assist in implementing solutions using methodologies such as process mapping, brainstorming, and data-analysis.
- Create, populate, and maintain databases for tracking data, requirements, and activities critical to the QMS.
- Provide programming and maintenance support for the QMT’s Office 365 SharePoint site.
- Generate Internal Process Improvements (IPIs) for organizational units within the RDP and Authority.
- Professional, self-motivated, team player with strong collaboration skills
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills with the ability to contribute effectively as part of a team involving staff, clients, and outside agencies
- Excellent technical reporting and writing skills and ability to display data and prepare presentations with the audience in mind
- Strong computer and database management skills including creating SharePoint workflows
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Solid understanding and experience in problem solving and process improvements through Six Sigma, Lean, ISO 9001, and the Baldrige Performance Excellence framework
- Strong problem-solving, workload management, and organizational skills with limited supervision
- Ability to work well within a highly energized work environment with changing priorities and tasks
- Ability to make decisions using sound, professional judgment
- Ability to lead team to successful completion of tasks or deliverables
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- B.S. in Engineering, Quality Management, or related field of study
- 5-10 years of professional experience in quality, project management or business analysis preferred
- Experience participating in and leading process improvement projects
- Certified Quality Auditor (CQA) or comparative certification required
- Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) or Certified Six-Sigma Green Belt (CSSGB) preferred
|Contact: ||Cynthia Keck, Principal Resource Group|
313 Railroad Avenue
Tel: (530) 478-6478
|Date Posted: ||11/29/2017|
|Return to the Job List|