|Job Title: ||HSR Quality Engineer|
|Job ID: ||CK3872|
|Location: ||Sacramento, CA|
|Job Type: ||full-time|
Principal Resource Group is excited to be recruiting for an exciting opportunity to work as a Quality Engineer for the California High-Speed Rail (HSR) project. Our client is recognized in the engineering industry for providing innovative, realistic, and practical solutions, and has helped owners deliver some of the world’s largest and most challenging infrastructure projects. Their team of approachable experts and meticulous technicians work diligently to advance projects without compromising quality.
This firm has offices across the U.S., and are continuing to expand their services and expertise worldwide.
The California HSR Authority (Authority) has developed a long-term implementation program to deliver the 800-mile California High-Speed Rail Program (Program) connecting Southern and Northern California. This multi-billion-dollar project includes final design and construction of the rail and civil infrastructure to support a 220-mph high-speed rail service. Our client is providing Quality Management and Safety Management services for the Rail Deliver Partnership (RDP).
- Assist the RDP Program Quality Manager, Quality Systems Manager, and the Quality Management Team (QMT) in developing, integrating, and managing the Authority’s Quality Management System (QMS).
- Responsible for development and ongoing measurement of performance metrics for key organizational processes that result in data-driven decision making.
- Strategize, conduct, lead, and manage resources for QMS assessments of various Program entities for compliance with contract requirements, and ensure appropriate documentation and communication of assessment results.
- Lead development of compliance processes, quality procedures and quality control methodologies.
- Responsible for preparation of quality documentation, detailed reports and presentation materials.
- Responsible for ensuring consistency and compliance with contracts, agreements, and management policies.
- Ensure that roles & responsibilities and processes & procedures are properly documented, understood, and implemented.
- Identify deviations and non-conformances from established standards and ensure resolution using problem-solving methodologies such as 8D, A3 reports, and Pareto charts.
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement and manage implementation of solutions using methodologies such as process mapping, brainstorming, and data-analysis.
- Responsible for creation, population, and maintenance of databases for tracking data, requirements, and activities critical to the QMS.
- Responsible for management of Internal Process Improvements (IPIs) for organizational units within the RDP and Authority.
- Provide expertise on the development of data management systems and tools to be used by the QMT.
- Facilitate process improvement activities using quality tools such as RACI charts, value-stream mapping, and PDCA.
- Provide supervision, guidance and mentoring for the work products provided by Quality Assessors I’s and II’s in their day-to-day tasks.
- Coordinate and facilitate the RDP’s implementation of Baldrige Performance Excellence Criteria.
- Manage milestones and ensure successful completion of deliverables.
- Develop strategies for deployment of Continuous Improvement program-wide.
Skills & Abilities:
- Professional, self-motivated, team player with strong collaboration skills
- Ability to independently manage staff within the complexities of the CHSR work environment, strategizing Continuous Improvement, Organizational Performance and Compliance initiatives to successful resolutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to contribute effectively as part of a team involving staff, clients, and outside agencies
- Excellent technical reporting and writing skills and ability to display data and prepare presentations suited to the audience
- Solid understanding and experience in problem solving and process improvements through Six Sigma, Lean, ISO 9001, and the Baldrige Performance Excellence framework
- Strong computer and database management skills including creating SharePoint workflows
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong problem-solving, workload management, and organizational skills with limited or no supervision
- Ability to work well within a highly energized work environment with changing priorities
- Ability to analyze complex data and situations and resolve using sound, professional judgment
- Ability to coach, mentor, prioritize and manage the daily work of, and motivate team members
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- 10-20 years of professional experience in quality, project management or business analysis preferred
- Experience guiding and managing technical and administrative staff
- Experience participating in and leading process improvement projects
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Certified Manager of Quality/Organizational Excellence (CMQ/OE) certification or comparable expertise required
- Certified Six-Sigma Green Belt (CSSBG) or Certified Quality Engineer (CQE) certification preferred
- B.S. in Engineering, Quality Management, or related field of study
|Contact: ||Cynthia Keck, Principal Resource Group|
313 Railroad Avenue
Tel: (530) 470-2986
|Date Posted: ||11/29/2017|
|Return to the Job List|